Castor Oil 100 ML
Our ancestors mentioned that castor oil has the property of raising children like a mother.
Cold-pressed castor oil may not be a good choice when used for internal use because of the toxins like resins. Whereas Kapilanalam Castor Oil is prepared in a traditional way. First, the castor beans are roasted, then hand-pounded to extract the oil. The extracted oil is mixed with water and tender coconut water and then boiled to get the pure castor oil, which is free from toxic rich proteins, gums, resins. Hence, cold-pressed may not be a good choice for internal use.
The traditional Indian method of urkpnmart castor oil extraction
- Oils such as sesame oil, coconut oil, or peanut oil have high nutrient value and hot-pressed extraction of these oils may cause destruction of all the healthy nutrients present. However, this particular oil consists of a poisonous toxin called ricin, and hence the cold-pressed extraction is not ideal for oil extraction.
- Traditional Indian Method involves briefly roasting the castor seeds and then pounding them in a mortar.
- Heavy amounts of water or tender coconut water are then added and the mixture is boiled.
- The decanted oil from this process is free of the poisonous toxin “ricin” and highly beneficial for health.
Benefits of using Castor Oil
- Urkpnmart castor Oil is a natural Laxative. Ricinoleic acid is the main fatty acid in this oil, which when absorbed by the intestine stimulates a strong laxative effect thereby cleansing the bowels.
- The Ricinoleic acid in this oil prevents moisture loss from the skin thereby deeply hydrating the skin. Devoid of the perfumes and artificial chemicals in store-bought moisturizers, it is a natural moisturizer without any harmful effects to the skin. It also assists in the reduction of acne in teenagers and young adults.
- When applied to wounds, it increases the rate of healing the wounds without drying out the sores. It decreases the risk of infection by forming a natural barrier between the wound and the environment.
- It has pain-relieving and inflammation-reducing properties. Hence patients with Psoriasis or Arthritis are deeply benefited by the use of this oil.
- Applying it to hair and scalp acts as a natural conditioner for the hair causing a reduction in hair loss and preventing dandruff-related issues.
- This traditionally oil is absorbed into the lymphatic system and boosts immunity by increasing lymphocytes.
Castor Oil Cleansing
What do you need?
- For 3-6 year old children: 20 ml castor oil, an equal amount of orange juice.
- For 6-12 year old children: 30 ml castor oil, an equal amount of orange juice.
- For 12 years and above: 50-75 ml (2 ounces) castor oil, an equal amount of orange juice.
Method for Cleansing
- Mix the Orange juice and castor oil in a cup and consume the mixture on an empty stomach around 6-7 am in the morning. You can also drink the castor oil first and juice later or completely omit the orange juice since it is only used to add a little flavor.
- Post 15-30 mins start sipping hot water like you would sip tea. In intervals of 10-15 mins consume about 3-4 cups of hot water. Ginger flavored hot water can also be consumed instead of plain hot water.
- After taking hot water you will begin to feel flush bowel movements. Post 6-8 flushes, stop drinking hot water. To prevent oil from staying back in your intestine and causing irritation, drink hot water for a good flush.
- The bowel movements can be stopped by drinking a glass of buttermilk or fat-free yogurt, preferably made at home. Eat light for the rest of the day and avoid oily, fried, or spicy food.
- Pregnant women should avoid doing this cleanse as it can induce labor.
- Do not do this cleanse if you are having fever or symptoms of diarrhea.
- People with liver problems or poor liver functions should cleanse only after a few weeks of toning the liver.
Know more about this castor oil cleansing
How often should I do the cleanse?
The cleanse can be done once in two weeks for three months and then once a month or once in two months.
Does castor oil have antifungal or antibacterial benefits?
Studies show that castle oil can be used to heal wounds, treat skin and throat infection and other fungus-related issues.
How often can I apply castor oil to my hair?
Castor oil can be applied once or twice in a week before you shampoo your hair.
Native castor oil is extracted from original roasted castor beans and is hand pounded in traditional brass vessels. The extracted oil is then strained to remove any small particles or remains and can be stored in clean glass containers for long term usage.
External application of Castor oil:
Castor oil can be applied directly or can be mixed with coconut oil for external application to treat multiple issues.
This pure oil helps to promote hair growth and helps to reduce hair fall. It is said to have improved hair thickness as well. People also use this oil to increase hair thickness and growth in the eyebrows/eyelashes. Since the viscosity of this oil is high, you can combine it with a suitable oil of your choice and apply it to the scalp. Leave it overnight and gently wash with mild herbal shampoo. It also reduces the symptoms caused by dandruff, ie; itchiness, dryness, and weak roots. Regular application can make your locks look more thick and shiny.
Castor oil effectively reduces acne, rashes, and mild scars. It also moisturizes skin during winter. Regular application on the skin can improve the texture of the skin, make it supple, and increase the glow. It is also said kings and queens had regular castor oil face and body massage to reduce pigmentation. It was part of their exotic luxury skin and hair regime. Castor oil is one of the popular ingredients in many anti-aging skincare products, both in Ayurveda and cosmetics.
Internal consumption of castor oil:
When consumed internally, it cleans the liver, gut, smooth bowel movement and helps the whole body.
Cold-pressed castor oil acts as a natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. This therapeutic property can treat skin-related infections/rashes. High amounts of antioxidants in it helps to improve the functions of every organ internally and also work as an anti-aging agent.
Handmade castor oil is safe and suitable for babies and adults. The oil retains high amounts of medicinal properties for a long time when it is extracted through the traditional methodology.
Before using, please do a patch test to check if you are allergic to the oil and use the oil liberally for treating various ailments.
You can buy organic castor oil online by visiting our website We stock KapilaNALAM castor oil regularly and is available all-round the year.
Use our products which are 100% certified organic to nourish and promote good health, for a better future.
Close This Window